(033) 32018438,(033) 40061296
Classroom teaching is aided with many modern facilities like air-conditi
Our corporate training solutions provide a broad range of corporate coac
Our placement cell gives an opportunity to showcase our talent pool to t
Coming Soon .
eTechGuys , BD – 82 ,Sector -1, Salt Lake City , Kolkata -700064 ( Near CityCenter 1 )
Help us to quickly understand your interest area and requirements by filling out the following form.
You can apply for most of our courses and trainings online via the relevant course page or via select course option in payment page.
This course introduces students to classical and contemporary painting, techniques and concepts, with emphasis on the understanding of its formal language and the fundamentals of artistic expression. Even though previous painting experience is not a prerequisite for this course, the vigorous training provided will prepare students for going into a professional fine art career. Painting from still-life, landscape, and life models from observation will be geared towards realism; at the same time, various other painting styles could be explored. Color theory, linear perspective, compositional structure, figure/ground relationships, visual perception, spatial concepts, and critical thinking skills will all be emphasized extensively. We will study and research major painting styles and movements in historical context. The hope is that students will use this global approach to develop a “critical eye” in evaluation of contemporary painting. Demonstrations, videos, PowerPoint lectures, group and individual critiques will be given throughout the course. Acrylic will be the primary medium for this class. This may seem like a lot to absorb – but always remember that our main emphasis will be to encourage and nourish individuality and creativity.
• Introduce students to the fundamental processes of visual perception and artistic expression.
• Develop students’ confidence in using painting as a primary medium for artistic expression.
• Develop students’ ability to verbalize ideas and processes in art making.
• Develop understanding of history, major styles and contemporary issues in painting.
COURSE CONTENT :
• Color Theory: Color wheel (primary/secondary, complementary), transparency/opacity, hue, value (intensity, brightness), chroma (saturation, purity) & temperature (warm/cold).
• Color Contrast & Attributes: Interaction, harmony, psychology/mood, culture & expression.
• Composition: Space, movement, balance, asymmetry, rhythm, shapes, proportion & lighting.
• Media Characteristics & Surfaces: Acrylic, oil, paper, wood & canvas (primed/unprimed).
• Painting Techniques: Alla prima, glazing, impasto, knife painting, scumbling & blending.
• Acrylic & Oil Mediums: Gel medium (heavy/regular/soft, gloss/semi-gloss/matte), texture medium, linseed oil, mineral spirit, turpentine, odorless turpenoid, retouch varnish & final varnish.
• Painting History: Major painting styles & masters in Renaissance, Realism, Impressionism, Post-impressionism, Expressionism, Modernism, Abstract Expressionism & Postmodernism.